Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

We celebrated Father's Day at our house this year. I wanted to have everyone over for mother's day because we had just moved in our new house but it was the day before my egg retrieval and it would have been to much for me to handle, it hurt to walk at that point! My dad wasn't able to join us due to his work schedule but my mom, stepdad, younger brother, grandma, step-grandma, and mother and father-n-law were there. Hubby grilled bbq chicken and I made potatoe salad and a homemade chocolate cake. My mom brought bbq, slaw, corn on the cob, string beans, and peach cobbler. We enjoyed sitting out by the lake even though it was a little chilly and of course enjoyed all of the food. Later, some of us took a golf cart ride around the neighborhood and down to the river. It was a wonderful day spent with family. I did miss grilling steaks for my dad. That had been our tradition for the past couple of years. Hopefully we can make up for it in a couple of weeks! Here's a picture of my first ever homeade chocolate cake:



Okay, only the icing was homemade. I just used boxed yellow cake mix for the cake. It was super easy.
Homemade Chocolate Icing:
5 tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
12oz evaporated milk
1 tbsp butter
Bring all ingredients to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Simmer and let cool.

Here's our Lexie girl hanging out by the lake. She looks like it's 100 degrees outside but it was really kind of chilly.

Hubby trying out the paddle boat for the first time.





No comments:

Post a Comment