Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Our Beach Weekend!


As soon as we both got off work on Friday, we head a little over an hour east to our favorite place.....the Outer Banks of NC! We grabbed something to eat on the way and got there as it started getting dark. We watched tv and ate skittles until bed time. Troy had to get up early to help his brother install the new heating/air unit at my family's beach house. I wake up Saturday morning at 7:30. Well, it was really 6:30. The clock had been set an hour ahead of time. I still think Troy purposely set it ahead so I would wake up earlier. He says he wouldn't do such a thing. Yeah right! :) As soon as I was up, the guys needed me to make a Lowe's run and grab breakfast. This took longer than expected because the traffic was crazyyy. I went for a run/walk when I got back and waited for my mom to arrive.

This sums up the rest of the day!


Luckily, the guys finished the installing the new unit a lot faster than they had planned. We were able to go out to one of our favorite restaurants, JK's. We all had yummy steak and blueberry cobbler for dessert. After dinner, we were all so stuffed we just went home, put on some comfy clothes, and get this.....put a 1000 piece puzzle together. I told Troy this was a sure sign we were getting old because our orginal plans included going out for a few drinks and listening to a band. Sunday morning came around and after I cooked breakfast, we spent the rest of the day on the beach!

Lexie loves the beach too!





No comments:

Post a Comment