Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Music To My Ears

We went Friday for our second ultrasound. When the Dr came in, he asked if I was nervous. I'm not sure if he was just assuming or if he could see the red splotches on my chest I seem to get when I'm really nervous. Then he proceeded to tell me he was nervous too. But only a few short seconds later, he said he had GOOD NEWS! We had a heartbeat! I couldn't believe it. I totally went into this appointment expecting the worst.....I guess I'm just used to bad news. Then we HEARD the heartbeat. We were not expecting to hear it at all, so this was a added bonus. Baby's heart was beating at 140bpm and measuring perfectly on track at 7w1d! We are already taking bets on whether it's a boy or girl in there. I say boy and Troy says girl. Either way, we'll be happy.....just praying for a healthy baby. Dr did say it looked like there had been another sac that was dissolving. He said it wouldn't cause any complications and that I may or may not experience some spotting. None so far! I can't believe this is real. It is still super early (I'm 7w5d today) but I'm happy to have made it this far. We are still waiting until the 12w mark to make our announcement. My next appointment is October 5th and this will be my last appointment with Dr Hayslip. My first OB appointment is October 9th. These dates can't get here fast enough!
 
Here is our baby bean at 7w1d!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment