Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Baby's First Trip

We left last Thursday evening for our first big/long trip with Tully. I was super nervous about the long ride because in the past, Tully has proven to HATE his car seat. I knew if we could get through the ride, the rest of the trip would be a breeze. We left in the evening when Troy got off work. After stopping to drop Lexie off with my mom and to grab something to eat, we were off. Tully fell right to sleep as soon as we got going. I was even able to ride up front with Troy for a while! :) Tully slept for a few hours, woke up to eat and be changed, and then went right back to sleep. Is this really my baby?! Then I started thinking we were going to be in for a long night when we finally stopped for the night. Nope! We stopped around 12:30am just a couple of hours outside of Atlanta. Tully ate again and went right back to sleep and slept until 9am! I knew he was an angel before the trip, but he was just trying to prove what I already knew!
We arrived in Atlanta just before noon, got settled into our room and then headed off to market. I had appointments to tend to while Troy played daddy daycare. Troy got to see what all he misses out on while he's at work, including being pooped on! Tully went through 5 outfits that afternoon. I'd say he broke daddy in good!
 
My first appointment was with some of my favorite reps. The Spring 2014 collection is AMAZING! I loved it so much, I pushed up the delivery dates so it will begin arriving in December. I was also happy to learn that some of the companies I order from are changing their policies. With so many online/Facebook 'boutiques' popping up all around, policies need to be in place to protect those of us with storefronts. Customers look at the prices of items at these online only boutiques and then see the prices in-stores and think we are price gouging. That couldn't be any further from the truth. With an actual physical location comes a lot of overhead, AKA bills.....including but not limited to RENT, utilities, payroll for employees, and much more! I met a sweet girl from the western part of NC who has a cute boutique and was all to familiar with the drama that comes with retail. It was nice to network with her and other ladies who all see eye-to-eye. Anyway, my favorite line is enacting a policy that states only brick and mortar boutiques can sell their clothes. Hallelujah! That means anybody and everybody can't buy their line and sell their items from their Facebook page, where they have NO overhead. That's enough about that. Here's a picture of some of their 2014 collection and I am IN LOVE!
Cute shorts, rompers, tops, dresses, and tunics in these cute, cute prints are scheduled to begin arriving at DD in December! I.Can't.Wait.
 
I also ordered a ton of fall inventory that will begin arriving this week and I came back with a big load of accessories. I think this was one of my most successful market trips ever. And in the shortest amount of time!
 
Thankfully, we were also able to fit in a little family time while we were there. We went for an evening walk around Centennial Park and took Tully to his first Braves game. He loved the city. There was so much noise and so much for him to look at. He stayed occupied with the sights and sounds the entire time.
 


 
Tully also loved all of the lights, music, and announcers at the game. We've learned, the louder it is, the happier he is. As soon as we arrived at the game, it started pouring down rain. Luckily, we had not walked out to our seats yet, so we escaped being soaked. One of the nice attendants told us about a certificate we could get at guest services to commemorate Tully's first trip to Braves Country. So neat! The rain finally stopped after about an hour and it was time to watch so ball. We left during the 8th inning hoping to beat the traffic and the score was still 0-0. The Marlins scored during the 9th inning, to win the game 1-0. We are excited to have started this tradition for Tully and can't wait to take him to more games. Daddy is hoping Tully is going to love baseball as much as he does.
 
 
 
That pretty much sums up Tully's first trip (he was good OTW home, too :) ). It was a fun time but we are happy to be home and settling back into our routine.....which now includes WORK. That's right, maternity leave is officially over. Sigh.
 
Thanks for reading. Have a blessed day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment