Tuesday, August 6, 2013

When I Grow Up....

When I grow up.....I want to be an interior designer! Ok, not really but I think it would be so much fun to be able to shop for home décor and spend someone else's money while doing it. Since being home on maternity leave, I've wanted to redecorate my whole house. I have made some (non drastic) changes. I finally added window treatments to our family room, repurposed some old furniture, and I'm still working on an Ikea Hack for the guest bedroom.I'll post pictures of those projects sometime later. I also completely redecorated the shop. I L.O.V.E the way it turned out. I am so obsessed with the settee. I really wanted to keep it and use it at home but I really have no place it really 'fits'.....unless I were to change everything and I think Troy would have a fit. So, I'll just keep it at the shop (for now). I am using it as a prop in Tully's 3 month pictures in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Anyway, here's a picture of my design board I used for redecorating Downtown Diva and a picture of two of my oh.so.cute employees....Kate and Natalie!


I found the settee at jossandmain.com and everything else is from overstock.com! These are two of my favorite go-to sites for home décor.
 
I'm also working on helping my mom redesign her formal living room. She was wanting to go a little more modern than what she currently has but also keeping a traditional feel. I created a design board for her also. She loves everything but the couch. As soon as she finds a couch she loves, hopefully we will see this room come to life! Here's a peek at her new room....
 
 
Have a great night!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment