Monday, August 13, 2012

2nd Monitoring Appointment and the Weekend

This past weekend was packed with tons of things to do. Friday night we attended a Chamber of Commerce event called Shrimp By The Bay. It usually takes place on Edenton's beautiful waterfront but it was moved inside due to rain. There was music, drinks, shrimp, friends, and a silent auction. We didn't stay out late because I had to work on Saturday at the shop. I've gotten use to having my Saturdays off so waking up on a rainy Saturday morning to go to work was no fun. I was able to get somethings done while I was there and now, today, I have time to do other things.....like update my blog. Saturday evening we met my bff, Jamie, and her husband, Garth, for dinner. It was great just catching up and spending time with them. We don't see each other nearly enough but when we do, it's like no time has passed and we never skipped a beat.


This was also the first time I wasn't at home for my injections. I had to pack up my meds in a cooler to keep them refrigerated and do them in the truck. As soon as we left from dinner, I prepared the meds (one of them has to be mixed) and we stopped right outside of town to do the injections. It just so happened we were going by the apartments where Jamie and I lived in college. We pulled into the guest parking to avoid be right beside other cars. I joked with Jamie that it's funny I was doing IVF injections here and that life was easy way back when we lived there.

These are my meds to go...


On to my monitoring appointment. My appointment was Sunday morning and I'm sure the lab tech, nurse and doctor didn't want to be there on a Sunday morning any more than I did. My blood draw was smooth and the ultrasound showed everything progressing and right on track. Most of my follicles were measuring around 14mm but I had one 'rockstar' follicle trying to be an overachiever and measuring at 17mm. My endo lining was a perfect 9mm and this was the first time I could actually see the triple stripe on the screen. I don't know anything about this other than it's exactly what the doctor wants to see and if it's too thin it's not good. My estrogen level was 1010.8. That's up from less than 25 just over a week ago. Wowza! Here are a couple of pictures of my ovaries and lots of follicles. You can't see all of them at one time and some of them looked irregular shaped because they are squished together. Also, just to put it into prespective a little....a normal, unmedicated cycle usually only results in 1 mature follicle on both ovaries combined (sometimes 2, it is very rare that it is ever more than that). I have around 10 maturing follicles....on each ovary. No wonder I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. :)


Left Ovary. The black spots are the follicles, which contain the eggs. 


Right Ovary (You can see the left ovary kind of to the right....they are almost touching, again. That's when it becomes hard to walk!)

I'm going to end this post with my fortune from dinner last night....I hope this is a good sign!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment