Thursday, August 9, 2012

Results From 1st Monitoring Appt

I went in this morning for my first monitoring appt for this cycle. These appts are routine.....blood work and ultrasound. The ultrasound showed about 8 growing follicles on each ovary. The smallest measured 7mm, the majority measured 9mm, and I had one 11mm follie. This is about the same amount that I had last time. This is good news and within the normal range. A lower number would indicate a low ovarian reserve and a higher number would put me at risk for OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). I just got the call with my lab results. My estrogen level is 278.9....up from less than 25 a week ago. This is also within the normal range and shows that I am responding well to the injections. My next monitoring appointment is Sunday. Fingers crossed for more good news that day!

I'm trying to stay positive through this process and trying not to do much complaining. However, these side effects are getting the best of me. I've had a non-stop headache since I started the lupron injections on Saturday. I can only take tylenol and that doesn't help at all. I had a meltdown last night before I got my pm injections. I hope it goes away soon or at least eases up a little. Other than the headache, I'm feeling good. I'm not uncomfortable yet. I probably have a couple more days before I start waddling.

That's about it for today. Thanks for reading!

xo, Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment