Monday, August 6, 2012

Another Weekend at the Beach!

Troy and I were both on vacation last week. Well, I had to work for a few hours on Thursday and most of the day on Friday, but either way, days off with my hubby are always welcomed! Originally, we planned to spend our days off at the beach but then we started thinking of all the things we needed to get done around the house. I made a list and we decided we would go to the beach if we completed our list of things to do. I can't believe how much we accomplished! I'll post on our projects later, because it was a lot and the results definitely deserve their own post.

In the middle of all of our projects, we had to make a trip to Greenville for my first monitoring appointment. My estrogen level came back less than 25 (which the nurse says is great and that's all I know!). I had around 14 small follicles on each side. As of now, everything is right on track and looking great!

Now on to our weekend! We left late Friday afternoon to head to the beach. We slept in on Saturday. I was looking forward to sleeping in at least one day all week. It's just what I needed. My mom cooked breakfast/brunch for us. Before we could make it out to the beach, we decided to go offshore just to sight-see. I was thrilled because I had never been offshore. We packed a few snacks and were leaving the dock around 1pm. Most offshore trips leave in the wee hours of the morning so we were way behind. Thankfully, it was a calm day with only 3-5 ft swells. We started riding and then we rode and rode and rode some more......for a total of 29 miles offshore. Then we came across a grassline. This is just patches of seeweed and apparently a great place to fish. Our sightseeing turned into a mini fishing trip. Almost as soon as the lines were out, we started getting bites. My mom and I both reeled in two of the biggest catches of the day. She got a mahi and I got a wahoo. After that excitement, I was ready to head in. On the way in, we got to see the most beautiful sunset over our favorite place....the Outer Banks of NC (also known as the OBX!). We finally made it back to the dock around 9pm. We spent a few hours on the beach on Sunday and then headed home sweet home! Here are a few pictures from the weekend:











No comments:

Post a Comment