Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Eating Healthy


I've been reading lots of articles online about increasing my chances for a successful IVF cycle. Who knows how credible these articles are, but they majority of them have one thing in common.....healthy eating. I've read about cutting out red meats and saturated fats and adding lots of fresh fruits and veggies. So, with that being said, this time around I'm trying really hard to eat very healthy. I haven't had any red meat for weeks, no caffeine, no alcohol, and I've done really good making healthy choices when we eat out or eat on the run at a fast food place (yuck!). Last night I made a really yummy (and healthy!) dinner. One of Troy's  favorite meals is ham and cabbage with boiled potatoes. I fixed some extra veggies since I wasn't eating ham. So Troy had ham, cabbage, potatoes, and corn and I had cabbage, corn, and squash. No ham and no potatoes for me. I've been trying to eat less carbs and starchy foods. I used low sodium chicken broth to season my veggies and a little Smart Balance 'butter' on the corn. It was so yummy to have been such a healthy meal. Here is a pic of the fresh goodness (straight from the grocery store) :)


Can't forget dessert.....sweet, sweet NC watermelon!



One another note, we've been having afternoon storms A LOT this summer. Last night, I looked outside and saw this beautiful double rainbow. Maybe it's a sign of double blessings on the way?!

Thanks for stopping by!

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment