Friday, August 17, 2012

Egg Retrieval and Fert Report


Thursday was the big day! We went in for the egg retrieval. I wasn't as anxious this time around. We arrived a little earlier than our scheduled time. I like to leave the house earlier to allow time for the unexpected and so we don't have to rush and stress about being late. The retrieval is time sensitive and must take place exactly 36 after the ovidrel injection. Everything went smoothly and then I woke up crying and talking about saving Lassie. I'm not sure where that came from, maybe I had a bad dream. The good news is, we got 20 eggs. That is 4 more than last time! I was in recovery for a short time and got my first PIO injection, AKA the biiiig needle in my rear end. We left and grabbed something quick to eat and then stopped by Your Perfect Cake. They made our wedding cake almost 3 years ago (it's the second cake in the gallery with the initials cTt) and have a huge selection of cupcakes you can buy individually. They also have the option to create your own cake slice. You choose the cake flavor, filling, icing, and topping. I got a slice of almond cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese icing. It was so yummy. I've been snacking on it since I got and still have yet to finish it. Anyway, back to the retrieval. I came home and took a looooong nap. Then went to bed early. It's a good thing I got the long nap in because I woke up every single hour from midnight until 8am to go to the bathroom. All of the iv fluids apparently filled, or overfilled, my bladder. Everytime I woke up, I hope it was later and that I had slept longer and then I looked at the clock and was bummed. It was a miserable night to say the least.

Waking up today, I was still a little sore and groggy....most likely from the lack of sleep. I lounged around most of the morning and watched all of my favorite morning shows and anxiously awaited a phone call from Dr. Hayslip. He called midday, almost exactly 24 hours after the retrieval. He said there were actually 22 eggs retrieved. I'm guessing a couple of the follicles contained more than one egg. Out of the 22 eggs, 13 of them fertilized normally. So, as of now, we have 13 embabies that are strong and growing. I hope it stays that way! Dr. H said this was a great number and would give us a good selection when it comes to choosing which ones to transfer on Sunday. The transfer will take place at 12:30pm on Sunday. That pretty much sums up our past couple of days. Here are a few photos from my phone this week......I decided this is a good place to 'dump' my pictures in order to still have access to them without taking up lots of space on my phone.



Troy informed me when these were delivered that we 'won' these shiny new golf cart tires and rims. In other words, he won the highest bid and we really didn't 'win' anything.



I found this recipe on Pinterest and it looked and sounded good. Sometimes my phone it slow loading webpages so I took I picture to make sure I had access to it when I needed it. I DON'T recommend this recipe. It was horrible and neither of us could eat it.

Mom and I on Sunday after my monitoring appt and lunch! Love her!

My 'slice' of cake from Your Perfect Cake.

I love getting new things in the mail!

I included this in a post a few days ago but wanted to share it again. Hoping it's a good sign!


Ovidrel injection.

My nap buddy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment