Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dr. Google

I have a bad habit of asking Dr. Google anything and everything. Sometimes I like the answers I find and sometimes not so much. The past few days, I've been looking for the earliest someone has gotten a positive hpt after a 3 day transfer. I would say 90% was around 10-11 days past transfer. I did find a slim few thay got theirs way early, like 5 days past transfer. Okay, 5 days past a 3 day transfer would be the same as 8 days past ovulation and some of the hpts advertise they can give you accurate results up to 6 days before your missed period. This would be around 8 days past ovulation or 5 days past a 3 day transfer.

With all of that being said, I have tested the past THREE days. Yes, I started testing early. I got one positive in there and the others were negative. This means the trigger shot is long gone and if and when I get another positive test it means IVF #2 was a success. I've tried to prepare myself for the worst.....well not really the worst. I think I'm more prepared for an unsuccessful cycle opposed to the outcome we had last time.

I also googled what could be happening day to day with my embryos in there. I wanted to know in case I 'felt' something. Crazy, I know. But last time I had a couple of cramps that caused me to stop in my tracks and bend over and clutch my tummy in pain. I'm still convinced implantation was occurring when I felt that. I haven't felt any of that so far this time. My only 'symptom' is a ongoing headache. I had this headaches will I was doing the lupron injections but they went away as soon as the injections stopped. It could very well be just a common headache and for now, I'm going to pass it off as such. As far as what's happening day by day, Dr. Google supplied me with the following. Today, I am 4dp3dt (4 days past 3 day transfer), so I'm hoping I 'feel' something today. :)

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

No comments:

Post a Comment